In designing our curriculum, we spent time recognising the specific/unique contextual needs of our school and our children. Therefore, our curriculum design initially aims to address seven key contextual aspects. They are to:
- To encourage our children to be aspirational so that they reach their true potential in a safe and secure environment.
- For all of our pupils to acquire and develop a deepening knowledge and understanding of global Christianity, alongside the other principal religions that are represented throughout our multi-cultural world.
- Children will develop their language, vocabulary and communication skills.
- Develop our children’s ‘cultural capital’ by providing a wide range of experiences and opportunities.
- Develop children’s curiosity and creativity and problem solving skills.
- Ensure children have a strong understanding of, and exposure to, diversity and British Values
- Foster and promote a love a reading.